Twice Dipped Butterscotch Sugar Cookies
Author: Heidi Ferguson
Recipe type: Dessert; Cookie
- Sugar Cookie dough--for faster cookies use a pre-made store bought.
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag Heath bar bits (or a crushed Heath bar)
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- Make your cookies. I used the store-bought Nestle Sugar Cookies and baked them for 11 mins at 325 (but that was high altitude, it may take you longer.) Let them cool completely. When they are ready, melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. For microwave melting, I pour them in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for one minute. Then I take it out and stir. I add 1 T of oil to make it a little less thick and more smooth. Microwave in 30 second increments until it's nice and smooth.
- Take one cookie and angle it slightly to dip into the chocolate. I found the if you start at one end at about a 60 degree angle and then move the cookie to the other side of the bowl and tip it to a 110 degree angle, you can get the best coverage and it's not too thick.
- Place all the dipped cookies on a tray lined with wax paper or parchment paper and then place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Then bring them out and let them sit for a moment. Get your butterscotch ready for dipping the same way you did the chocolate chips. Butterscotch takes a little more coaxing so maybe do less time increments in between stirring and maybe add a bit more oil.
- Then holding the chocolate end, dip the other side of the cookie in the butterscotch, the same way you did the chocolate. Immediately after, sprinkle the heath bar on top. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before eating.