17. Wrap up each individual piece in their lunchbox for them to unwrap at lunchtime (c/o ivillage)
18. Have each sibling write on a paper what they love most about your birthday child and then the child has to guess who wrote it.
19. Use the special birthday things: customized ceramic birthday plate, special birthday table cloth, etc
20. Say a family prayer that includes gratitude for your birthday child
21. Make a countdown to his/her birthday–paper chain, anyone?
22. Have them create a picture called “The best day ever” and hang it up for all to see
23. Either you or your child (or both of you together) make a special birthday shirt (You can do this the day before.)
24. Write your child a special letter about all the things you love about them and what you hope they will achieve in the upcoming year.
25. Cook a special birthday dinner for your child–their choice of menu, or let them help you cook if they want.