Hello Honeybear Lane fans. I am Beckie author of Infarrantly Creative, Roadkill Rescue and Knock Off Décor. Yes, I am busy. I have been obsessed with two things lately: making pillows and the Simply Screen Kit from Plaid. I saw this Holiday Deer Throw Family Pillow cover from Red Envelope that is not only $50 but is also sold out! Not that I would purchase it anyway but I sure would recreate it myself.
Pillow cover (I got mine from Ikea: Aina Pillow Cover $6)
Simply Screen Kit
White Simply Screen paint
White printer paper
Scotch Blue Painter’s Tape
2. I printed out my design and then cut it down to fit the largest screen in the kit.
3. Then I peeled the backing from the screen and burnished my print out onto the sticky side of the screen.
4. Then I put a piece of glass over my image (image and screen side down) to really hold it down so the image would stay in tact when I exposed it.
5. Then I put it under the light box for exactly 25 minutes (SET A TIMER!).
6. I peeled back the paper and soaked my screen for 30 seconds. With my kitchen sprayer and a sponge I wiped away the emulsion until all of my image was a clear screen. Then I let my screen dry.
7. Next I marked the center of my pillow cover and then got my screen and taped it down with Scotch Blue painters tape.
8. I squirted two lines of Simply Screen paint and then drug it over my image pulling the paint into the screen. I used a thick coat and covered the entire image. I let it sit for two minutes and then I added another coat (since it was a lighter colored paint on a dark fabric).
9. Then I peeled off the tape. I pulled back the screen to reveal my print.
Woo-hoo! It is beautiful! Then I let it dry. Using a press cloth I ironed it to set the print. Then I popped a pillow in it and admired it on couch.
If you want to see more of my pillows I have made this month click here.