So I bet you didn’t think that the first room reveal I did in my new place would be the bathroom didja? Neither did I. I didn’t plan on showing it to you at all, but I’m not gonna lie…I’m proud of how it turned out.
I had a few challenges with this bathroom. Our new house is great–twice as much space as our old apartment. But the master bathroom is quite small and lacks storage space. So I had to get creative!
1. Storage: Underneath the bathroom sink was pretty much the only place we could put stuff and that got crowded fast. Plus it wasn’t very fun to bend all the way down every time I wanted to comb my hair. So we bought one of those bathroom towers and put it in this tiny little space between the wall and the sink. I got some canvas baskets so that all our random stuff wouldn’t go everywhere and would be hidden. We hung some hooks on the wall for my robe.
2. Color: I went through a colorless phase for awhile but now I love color again. So I found this cute shower curtain at Target and it was my jumping off point for everything else. I bought towels to complement the colors as well as bathroom rugs. Then I had my aqua frames from my living room in Arizona that fit in perfectly in the bathroom, which also gives it height. And my cute towel caddy is aqua too! I got the canvas bins to match the creams and browns.
3. Texture: I love how much texture is in this. There is softness brought from the shower curtain both in the pattern and material. There is the awesome texture from the towels and rugs. There is the smoothness of the metal on the towel caddy and the granite sink. And there is the architectural depth brought in from the frames.
4. Think Outside the Box: I love this little aqua cart I bought from IKEA. It was originally a kitchen item, but serves great purpose at holding our towels and working at a decoration. The little basket on the toilet is also originally a kitchen item.
5. The Accessories: I’m still working on this aspect of the bathroom. I don’t like having accessories in the master sink because it always seems to get crowded up with other stuff so quickly. But there is a sweet basket on the toilet that could hold something cool and the towel caddy has potential. My favorite accessory right now? The Kleenex Hand Towels of course! These are soft and absorbant and germ-free. No more nasty hand towels.
I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective.
Join the 14 million people who have already joined the Clean Hands campaign by using Kleenex Hand Towels, and click here for savings and more!Pin It