I am Brave and Beautiful
I am Brave and Beautiful – a beauty movement that is sweeping the globe. Colbie Caillat started it with her recent song and video called TRY. My blogging friend Megan of Brassy Apple wanted to push this movement along and invited women from all over to share what they looked like without make up and I joined in!! Colbie’s song says, “Take your make up off. Let your hair down… Look into the mirror at yourself, Do you like you? Cause I like you… “
Megan and her friend Cobi of Peacefrom6pieces have been the team behind this whole project. Their worldwide vision included creating their own video inspired by the song TRY. The talent of Robbins Creative made it possible for them to pull it off. You have to click play and see the beauty and bravery displayed and you might even recognize a few faces in there.
Me along with 101+ other blogging women from different backgrounds, religions, ethnicities, ages, shapes and sizes have decided to be Brave and Beautiful! You can join in this movement too by sharing what you look like without makeup on. You don’t need a blog either! Just tag your photo with #IamBraveAndBeautiful on Instgram and search the hashtag to see who else has joined in. ALSO, if you tag it with a second hashtag – #ColbieTRY we just might be able to get Colbie Caillat’s attention since she was the inspiration behind it all!
Are you brave and beautiful? I am, here I go!
Here I am, makeup and all. (Yes–my hair was totally flat by the time this photo was taken.) I feel so much more at ease when I’m out and about and I have my hair and makeup done. It’s easy to hide behind the things that accentuate your best features and help to hide the less flattering parts. Here’s what I look like in the morning (right after my workout.)
I would wager most women are a little self-conscious at times, or even most times. And I am no different. I admire those people who seem so confident whether or not they just rolled out of bed or they are dolled up for the evening. But ever since my life was taken over by my three littles and everything else that life demands, I do not have time to ‘get ready’ every day. These days I’m lucky if I put on makeup once or twice a week. And because of this, I have had to overcome my self consciousness. I have had to step out in the world as God made me, stringy hair and all, and just be confident that I am doing important things that my physical appearance doesn’t have to be perfect, by the world’s standards.
Don’t stop here. Get clicking around – its a blog hop! Below are more brave and beautiful women bearing more than their natural beauty. They each have a little bit of their heart to share with you. Some get very personal. Some share stories. For some this was very hard to do yet they gathered their courage and did it anyway. We hope as you click around (and YES pin these different posts!) you will feel the importance of it, the empowering effect it has and that it encourages you in some way.
1. BrassyApple 2. Peace from 6 Pieces 3. Is this Really My Life 4. Among the Young 5. Love Me Dani Marie 6. Sweet Charli 7. Kim Orlandini 8. XO, Ashton Tilton 9. She Calls Me Mama Leisha 10. Raising Memories – Canada 11. A Little Tipsy 12. Amy Cornwell 13. A girl and a glue gun 14. My Craftily Ever After 15. Maybe I Will 16. WhipperBerry 17. Paging SuperMom 18. All Things Thrifty 19. Ashlee Marie 20. The Project Girl
21. One Little Momma 22. Entirely Eventful Day 23. Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl 24. Tips from a Typical Mom 25. Utah Sweet Savings 26. Flats to Flip Flops 27. One Krieger Chick 28. What Meegan Makes 29. Simply Kierste 30. Live to be Inspired 31. HoneyBear Lane 32. Pretty Providence 33. Ma Nouvelle Mode – in FRANCE 34. MomEntity 35. Serger Pepper – in ITALY 36. Kiki and Company 37. Girl Loves Glam 38. Thrive
39. The Potters Place 40. Crafting in the Rain 41. Cooking With Ruthie 42. Delineate Your Dwelling 43. The Pennington Point 44. Bakerette 45. The Happy Scraps 46. Shannon Baird Photography 47. Tried and Tasty 48. Lionesses at the Gate 49. Fry Sauce and Grits 50. Lolly Jane 51. That’s What Che Said 52. Sugar Bee Crafts 53. Your HomeBased Mom 54. Happiness is Homemade 55. The Crafted Sparrow 56. R&R Workshop 57. I Should Be Mopping the Floor 58. Sassy Steals
59. Let’s Eat Grandpa 60. Being Spiffy 61. Sumo’s Sweet Stuff 62. Ginger Snap Crafts 63. Bless This Mess 64. Apronista 65. Dreaming About Someday 66. Frenchie 67. Tastefully Frugal 68. Four Marrs and One Venus 69. Your Sister Circle 70. Over the Big Moon 71. See Vanessa Craft 72. Infarrantly Creative 73. Family StoryTelling
74. Albion Gould 75. Life as Mrs. Larson 76. Tried and True 77. Play.Party.Pin. 78. Bite of Delight 79. Ink Happi 80. ObSEUSSed 81. U Create 82. My Mommy Style 83. Find it Make it Love it 84. The Contractor Chronicles 85. Novae Clothing 86. Mommy Makes Things 87. At Home with Sweet T 88. We Like to Learn As We Go 89. House for Five 90. Organize and Decorate Everything 91. Sassy Southern Gurl 92. The Creative Mom 93. Keep Moving Forward with Me
94. The Benson Street 95. Mom 4 Real 96. Sowdering About 97. illistyle 98. The Crafty Blog Stalker 99. A Fiery Red Life 100. Cupcakes & Crowbars 101. One Sweet Appetite 102. My DayLights 103. Restless Risa
104. Sypsie Designs 105. Vintage Mother 106. Like Mother Like Daughter 107. 30 Handmade Days 108. Queen Bee and Me 109. Apples by Ashley 110. Boutique Cafe – in CANADA 111. Just My Little Mess 112. Bombshell Bling 113. Sarah Tyau 114. Taradara Make it 115. Capturing Joy 116. Ivory Lime Photography 117. Jenkins Kids Farm 118. Free Time Frolics 119. Bella Storia 120. Dana Ohlsen Photography
Ready in join in?Snap, hashtag and share! Tag @BrassyApple and @Peacefrom6Pieces if you can too!
Also follow our Bravery and Beauty PINTEREST board for more inspiration!
This is such a great post…you are beautiful and WOW such a great smile!!! So happy to be part of this whole campaign with so many amazing women!! #womenneedwomen #hugstimesfive
Thank you so much!!
You are flawless! Gorgeous!
I love you. Thanks for sharing – MWA!
Thank you for joining this blog hop! It’s a wonderful movement! Lisa~
Thanks Lisa! You are totally inspiring yourself!
Fab! No one needs make up to fit society standards or any other out dated ideas. We are all women that are beautiful, strong and needed-sans make up and hairspray.
For sure and it’s hard when we feel like we have to compare ourselves to other people. Thanks!
I love that song! This is such a great movement and I love that you are part of it. You are beautiful! You look great with no makeup! Thanks for sharing. I hope you and your family are doing well!
We are doing so great and thank you!! I hope you guys are all doing great too!
you are seriously adorable, and its totally fitting for our little ones to take over our lives, lets face it none of them are impressed by make up anyway!
So true Ashlee!! Thanks darlin’! xoxo
thank you for sharing your brave and beautiful self with everyone! 🙂
Bạn đang mang nhu cầu vay tiền mà không
thể buộc phải trợ giúp trong khoảng
bạn bè hay người thân. Bạn sở hữu thể đến vay
tiền banktop sẽ đáp ứng đúng lúc nhu cầu cần vay vốn ngân hàng của bạn với sản phẩm cho vay
sử dụng trả góp không cần tài sản bảo đảm.
Vay tiền banktop cho vay các loại vay tiền theo bảng lương banktop, vay tiền theo cavet xe banktop, vay tin chấp banktop, vay tiều
dùng banktop. Liên hệ: 0909 023 278, 144 Cộng Hòa Phường 12 Quận Tân Bình, TP HCM
ko cần thế chấp tài sản, hồ sơ dễ dàng , tương trợ
tận nơi khách bắt buộc , Định mức vay cao nhất,
giải đáp và khiến cho giấy má miễn phí, Hạn mức trả góp lâu dài
kiên cố sự góp sức của banktop sẽ kịp thời tương trợ
cho thành công của bạn
Tinh dầu thiên nhiên giá sỉ tại latima, đảm bảo chất lượng,
tinh dầu latima giá sỉ uy tín nhất thị trường
Tinh dầu hay tinh dầu bỗng dưng là một chiếc chất lỏng với cất những hợp chất thơm có
tính dễ bay khá được chiết xuất từ các bộ phận của thực vật.
Hầu như mọi bộ phận của thực vật đều với thể chiết xuất được
tinh dầu, phổ thông nhất là: Hoa, lá, vỏ cây, vỏ quả, thân cây,
rễ… mang lịch sử tăng trưởng hàng ngàn năm, tinh dầu được
coi là bảo vật của đột nhiên tặng thưởng cho con người