A lot of people ask me how I pull rooms together so well (why thank you!) I am not a professional designer, although that would be awesome. I just am constantly searching out inspiration. Everywhere I go, online, on my phone, on TV and in magazines. I save these images where I can to reference later or I make a mental note of them. And one of my favorite sources for inspiration is HGTV Magazine!
HGTV Magazine this year hosted the HGTV Blogger Block Party in New York City, which I would have loved to have attended. They had a sorts of design experts there, like Genevieve Gorder, demonstrating ideas and talking shop.
Here’s a rundown of the lineup:
• Editor vs. Blogger Flea Market Flips Challenge featuring Brooklyn Craft Company’s Brett Bara
and HGTV Magazine’s Lifestyle Editor Jodi Kahn, presented by Benjamin Moore
• DIY Art as seen in the DIY Network Blog Cabin with lifestyle expert, Laurie March
• Easy Paint Fixes with licensed contractor Jason Cameron, presented by Wagner
• Upcycle & You with green lifestyle expert Danny Seo, presented by Wilsonart
• Designer Downloads with designer Danielle Colding, presented by Stanton Carpet
• Design Trends for 2016 with designer Genevieve Gorder
This sounds awesome, right? Like a mini conference for free!
They had all sorts of stations and booths you could engage with…
And some super cute styled areas…
I love that HGTV Magazine isn’t afraid of color…that’s one of my favorite sources for color styling! And it looks like this party was a blast! I would love to attend this next year for sure.
This post was sponsored by The Motherhood and HGTV Magazine, all opinions are my own.