The Alice Hansen Family Fund

The loss of a loved one is a strange surreal reality.  Life is completely normal except for one large, gaping hole.  Each day the pain seems to become more real and defined as the actuality of what has happened sinks in.

My dear sister-in-law Alice gave birth last Wednesday to a beautiful baby girl.  Unfortunately she contracted a horrible infection, strep A toxic shock.  It hit her like a tidal wave and after a hard fight, she succumbed to the illness.

Alice was released from this world on Wednesday night, although she may have left her body before then.  Her husband, my sweet brother, was left behind to take care of their two little boys and newborn daughter.  He is not alone, of course.  All of his family will be there to help him raise these precious little kids.

I am blessed to now be near my family and helping out where I can.  My brother is doing his best to be brave, but breaks now and then.  We were looking at picture together of his wife, trying to pick out a good one for the obituary and he put his head in his hands and wept.

So many of you have reached out and wondered how you can help.  That support and love is astounding, overwhelming, and wonderful.  We wondered of a way that people who wanted to help could.  So we opened a donation account for Alice’s family.  This money will go towards funeral costs, residual medical expenses, and the costs of raising children without a mother or a job.  My brother is going through a very difficult thing and while nothing can replace the ache of losing his sweetheart, any sort of donation will help to ease the burdens a little.

If you would like to donate money directly, you can do it easily by clicking the “Donate” button on my right sidebar.  You can donate through Paypal, credit card, or e-check (a check directly from your bank account.)  Any and all donations are appreciated.  However, if you don’t have anything to donate, might I ask you to donate your time?

Please write a post on your blog or facebook directing your friends and family to this post.  You may use any of these beautiful printables that my talented friend Lara made for us to put on your blog.  These printables represent the music that Alice made in her life–being a PhD in music.  She was the most gifted pianist I knew.

Music was her passion. But her family was her life. She figuratively and literally gave her life for her children. “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

From the bottom of our grief-stricken hearts: Thank you.

Pin It

Comments

1. I reposted this on my blog in hopes to get more attention. Again I am so sorry about this Heidi…I can’t even imagine what you all are going through right now. I hope my reposting helps.

• Ruth Ann Baker says:

I reposted this in hopes that it will get more attention as I have a lot of facebook friends. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

2. Kari Hentzelt says:

My words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of this fellow mother, pianist… lover of life and love. May her husband know in his heart how many people are pulling for him… sending our prayers from Canada….

3. Heidi-

My thoughts are with you all during this time. I also forwarded this information to the Liz Logelin Foundation. If you don’t already know about it, it is a wonderful organization for support in so many ways. I will also share this post and spread the word. My heart breaks for your family right now. Much love to you.

4. I blogged about Alice here: http://thefruitofherhands.tumblr.com/post/22830355421/week-4-everything-free-download

I hope it helps spread the word. Sending love your way.

5. Paula Chaffin says:

Your family has consumed my prayers. It just pains me for you all. May God show you all peace that can only come through Him.

6. Sending prayers to your family. I reposed this on my blog hope it sends a little more attention.

katie

7. Michele M says:

Heidi,
    I am just finding your blog and sending you and your family prayers. I am so so sorry for your loss. May you and your family find comfort and peace in the wonderful memories. Michele M

8. Eliza Dawson says:

Heidi,
    We knew Alice when she was studying piano in London. I wasn’t a close friend of hers but she was a light! An absolute dream! When we heard, through a mutual friend from London that she had passed away, it just broke our hearts. We want you to know that your brother and your family are in our hearts and prayers. We have donated to the fund you have started in her honor. And we hope that you will keep all of us, who knew and loved Alice, up to date on the ways that we can help and support your family through this tragic time. We would love to do more.

When I think of her I can see her smiling – she had the most amazing – 100 kilowatt smile! I am so, so, so sad that she is gone. All our prayers and our whole hearts go out to you guys.

Love,

Eliza & Jan Dawson

9. This is beautiful. I’m going to see what I can do. (at the very least, I’ll put the buttons on my blog.)

10. Just wanted to pass on this site. It might be some comfort that he is not alone. They also have a site that you can apply to get money and they have resources there as well.

11. Heidi, I’m reposting and sharing with my FB friends as well in hopes that it draws some support for your brother and family. Praying for y’all as well… ((Hugs))

12. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I wanted to share a non-profit foundation with you that might be able to help your brother https://www.facebook.com/thelizlogelinfoundation

Matt lost his wife 24 hours after she gave birth to their daughter and now has a foundation set up to help other widow/widowers with children.

xoxo,
    Emily

13. Heidi, I’m so sorry to hear this! Praying for your brother and your family.

14. Oh Heidi. These are perfect. I’m bawling right now and my babies don’t understand. I’ll hold them extra close tonight. I’m so very sorry.

15. Our family’s heart and thoughts go out to you and yours. While this is a difficult time, know there is something amazingly great waiting in the future. Please pass on our sympathy to yuor brother and his children.

16. my heart is so sad for this sweet family. my prayers will be with them. Alice sounds like such a sweet angelic person.

17. Memphis says:

Please go to this link for a similar story and a foundation to help single parents. Best of luck.

18. Marcela says:

My heart goes out to all of you, this is incredibly sad.

19. I am so very sorry for the loss of your loved one. This is such a sad story, my heart aches, HUGS to all of you!

20. I am so sorry for you and your family’s loss. I found your post on pinterest through another person I follow. I have repinned, shared on my facebook profile and page. May the Lord surround you with His love and peace during this difficult time.

21. My heart aches as I read this story this morning. My thoughts and intense prayers go out to your family and her husband and children today. I’m sorry for the loss. Praying that God’s overwhelming peace will pour out over your family, and that God will strengthen your brother as he faces this new journey.

22. Life is so precious. More than happy to donate and spread the word.

23. I just recently started reading your blog, and I am so sorry for your loss. I reposted this on my blog, I hope it helps in some way.

24. Prayers and hugs. God bless!

25. Jeannette says:

I randomly came across your blog. I am very sorry for your loss. Please check out http://www.mattlogelin.com/. . Matt lost his wife the day after their daughter was born and he blogs about the experience of raising his daughter. He is the author of Two Kisses for Maddy. It is the story of Maddys first year. He also has a foundation that helps widowed parents.

26. =*( My heart is aching for you and your family. I saw this through another blog, and will be posting something shortly on mine. I too almost lost my life during child birth so this has struck a very sensitive nerve within me. Prayers are with your family in this difficult time.

xo-Christine

27. My heart and prayers go out to your sweet brother and his family, your whole family. Prayers for your comfort and healing and for those sweet children who will some day be reunited with their mom but for a time will only know of her influence through your family and their dad. It breaks my heart. May God’s strength be with you all.

28. I am so very sorry for you and your family Heidi. I shared it on FB and though I don’t have too much to spare I did make a small donation. Hopefully a bunch of lovelies can ban together to make the donations pour in! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all. Much Love!

29. How tragic, my heart weeps for your family. I came across you from a link shared by Rush Limbaugh. I will share this post on my blog and facebook. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

30. Those are beautiful Lara–”pinned,” and one of them will be going on my own piano right away.
    I hope your brother and their children (and all of you) will have comfort and peace as time passes.

31. I’m so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you, your brother and your family.

32. So heartbreaking. Praying for your brother and family now.

Psalm 34:18
    The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

33. I’ve just shared this on my FB page. I am so very sorry for your family’s loss, I don’t even have the words. May you find some peace in your hearts soon.

34. I am so sorry for your loss! I will be praying for your whole family, and definitely your brother and the children.

I don’t know if you’ve heard of the Liz Logelin foundation but they are a non-profit that give support and help to widows & widowers.

35. Heidi, I am soooo sorry for your families loss! I will keep you all in my prayers! I have posted it on my blog. http://camelotartcreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/alice-hansen-family-fund-honeybear-lane.html

36. Sandra Dugdale says:

I know how awful this is for all concerned…I lost my daughter in December 2011 and she left us a six month old baby girl….The pain is indescribable and one feels as if nothing will ever be right….Life goes on without the one that we loved and well meaning people will tell you that at least you have the children….Only time will tell and I pray that you find moments in your day that you can smile…Peace and Love….

37. I am praying for you and your family. We have had the same loss with our friends a couple years ago. I will be posting about this tomorrow. So sorry for your loss

38. Heidi I will continue to pray for your family. Donna at Funky Junk Interiors posted your donation info this am. So glad you are doing this for this dear family of yours. God Bless!

39. I posted about her on my blog http://ecofamilylife.blogspot.ca/, facebook status and another forum I belong to. I wish all of you the best as you grieve the loss a beautiful woman. Your family will be in my prayers.

40. Stories like this break my heart. I was widowed almost 3 years ago and have found an awesome support group online. Would you please forward your brother this information as I think they would be great resources for him.

The Liz Logelin Foundation, they can help financially with grants for widows & widowers with young children. Matt, the founder, also lost his wife as a result of childbirth complications, I think he would be a great person for your brother to connect with. http://www.thelizlogelinfoundation.org/

The Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation has a great network of people that can help with support and resources. I found them particularly helpful when I was looking for information on how to help my then 2 year old cope with grief. http://www.sslf.org

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

41. Susan Gayton says:

My condolences to your family.

42. Heidi, Are there anything they need? I don’t mind sending baby clothes to them. Can you let me know?

43. Hello, I dont know you, but I have a friend that lost his wife in the same way when his daughter was 3 weeks old. They also have 2 other children. He was in Medical School at the time and was referred to the Liz Logel Foundation. Please let your sweet brother know about it. It’s a great support system and can open doors for him.

44. What a tragic story. I reposted the donation link on my blog and am keeping you and your brother’s families in my prayers. How lucky we are to know that this life is not the end!

45. The printables are beautiful! I have shared this all around. SO so sorry, again, Heidi.

46. I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful sister-in-law. My thoughts are with your amazing family during this difficult time.

47. Heather says:

I don’t know if you ever read the book called Two Kisses for Maddy. Matt Loeglin, the author, set up a foundation for these very types of tragedies. It would probably be worth checking out.
    Very sorry for your loss!

48. Sharing one over at the Grey Blog. May peace be with your brother and your whole family this Mother’s Day. Bless those children, especially his baby girl.

49. I hope my small contribution will help your brother and his family. I’m so sorry this happened. There are no words that could bring you as much comfort as I’d like you to have.

50. Dear Heidi, I am so sorry for your family’s losses. I am praying for them. Please E-mail me a reminder in about a month if you still need donations. God loves you, and He always has a reason for a death happening. Please find a Grief Support Group, it really helps. Love, Mary.

51. so sorry for your loss, ~ loving thoughts sent your way.

52. Blogged about Alice: http://unbrokenworld.blogspot.com/2012/05/too-soon.html I hope it directs some more people to your site and more support for the family, in any way it can be given <333

53. I am so sorry for the tragic loss your family is suffering right now. So heartbreaking… sending prayers.

54. I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

55. I am so, so sorry for the loss of Alice. What a beautiful woman.

Please consider researching Matt Logelin, author of a blog found at http://www.mattlogelin.com Matt is a widower himself (his wife died immediately after birth), and he has started the Liz Logelin Foundation in her honor, which serves widows/widowers with small children to support. There is a very basic application process, and those who are “accepted” receive a considerable amount to help with funeral/grocery/immediate expenses following the loss.

56. Prayers for your family!

57. Terri Sykes says:

My heart breaks for this sweet family. I have a story just like yours. We lost our sweet, beautiful sister-in-law 10 years ago to the exact same thing. My brother-in-law was left with a 19 month old and a newborn. She held her baby one time, and passed 2 days after Mother’s Day. Our sweet baby just celebrated her 10th birthday. She is the spitting image of her mother… red-head, freckles, and a personality that melts everyone’s hearts. My prayers are with you during this horrible, horrible time.

58. Heidi,

Do you mind if I grab the same picture you have in your sidebar and I add it to my sidebar, link to your post. That way every visitor and reader of mine can see it and hopefully visit your post.

I am so sorry for your loss! I just want you to know that we have your family in our prayers.

God bless you all…♥

59. I am so sorry for this loss. I just wanted to write to encourage your brother to explore the facebook page Human Milk 4 Human Babies if he has any desire to avoid formula. This is a free milk sharing community, and it’s where we found milk for our preemie. I know it might be too much to handle right now, but this new baby can still get the healthy antibodies of breastmilk even if mommy is in heaven.

60. This is such a sad story! I am so sorry for your loss! I will pray for your family!!

61. My husband’s family lived just down the street while growing up (Jack Bingham (dad) and my husband, Ryan). We were shocked and saddened to hear this news. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to Kurt, his precious children and your entire family during this difficult time. I know the Lord has his angels with your family.

62. I just found this post this evening, and my heart if broken for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I was able to donate just a small amount, but I hope it can help. Keep us posted, let your brother know he has many prayers going out for him and his little ones.
    -Molly

63. Laura w says:

Do you know If the family would be interested in donations of baby clothes? I adopted a baby girl one month ago and I have some brand new and very gently used clothing. Some things were worn 2x. Please let me know <3

64. 1st let me say how truly sorry I am for your loss. As the mother of 5 I can’t imagine your poor brother trying to cope with his devastating loss and stay strong for his children. So wonderful to have you and your family to be with him….I will keep you all in my prayers. Again so sorry.

I have donated what I could, and I will share this as well. Blessings to you and your family.

MJ
    Lucky 7 Design

65. Jaylynn says:

I am so sorry for your loss. I will repost this anywhere I can to get the word out.

66. I saw this on Lara’s site and it breaks my heart. I came over to donate and will also keep your family in my prayers.

67. Hi, We don’t know each other and I didn’t know Alice, but have come here from Facebook (733Blog / Expressions Vinyl) and wanted to tell you how sad I am to read your story and realise your brother and his children are now without a wife/mother. I will remember them in my prayers and have posted a link here, on my blog. Whoever would read this must be touched – and I think people like to have a chance to help others, as do I.
    God Bless you, your brother and his little family! I hope the network of links that are building around the world, will help him to feel there are people who care – and will benefit him and the children in a practical way too.

68. Fran Marie says:

May the Lord hold all your hearts gently in His cupped Hands. May the Holy Spirit envelope you all in His Comfort. We weep with you

69. Heidi…My hearts definitely go out to you and your whole family. It is a terrible tragedy to lose someone you love. Please let your brother know that they will be in our prayers. I wish I could help more…but please know that all of you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Lynne~

70. Bonnie P says:

So sorry for your loss. I do not have a blog but I will share your story. May God give all of you the strength to endure. $10 isn’t much but if everyone helped one another with waht they could what a world this would be.

71. Angie F says:

My heart aches for your family – and I echo the sentiments of those who commented before me and grieve for your family – but I wish to direct my comment to you. I admire your strength and love for your brother, but I recognize YOUR loss, too. Remember to take care of YOU, too…..

72. My heart grieves for you, your brother, and those beautiful children. I will share this on my blog and fb. You are all in our prayers.

73. My heart is broken for you. My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family.

74. Oh how heartbreaking, Heidi. You are in my prayers

75. I have linked this post to my Mother’s Day post on my blog, and will also share it on Facebook. I’m so sorry for your loss, and for that of your brother and their precious babies. Not the way this Mother’s Day was expected to turn out. Love to, and prayers for you all.

76. Gail Singley says:

Dear Heide, My daughter, Morgan Grovenburg, is Alice’s visiting teacher. She was devastated to hear the news and would like to help you brother and the children in anyway they need. She has not seen your brother back at the apartment, but she and her husband Will are available to cook, clean, watch the kids, assist with the funeral lunch or whatever is needed. Alice had such an impact on my daughter and was such a good example as a mother and a person. She will be greatly missed. Your family can contact Morgan through FB or the ward directory. Our prayers are with your family.

77. Shannon says:

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I almost died after the birth of my daughter, and I wish I had something to say to ease your family’s pain. You will be in my prayers.

78. Naoko Hashimoto Uesaka says:

I spent this weekend reflecting on all the great times I`ve had with Alice when we were at Tel Hai Piano Masterclass (Israel) in the summer of 1998. She was a fantastic pianist, and I loved how her amazingly bubbly energy came out in her playing as well! It`s really sad that I won`t have an opportunity to see her again to laugh about all the crazy things we`ve done together….she was my partner in crime when we went kayaking down the Jordan River (we skipped one of the piano masterclasses along with a few others :p ) , and on the last day when a group of us were playing truth-or-dare, and my dare was to kiss Alice on the lips. To this day she is the only girl that I have ever kissed, and I intend on keeping it that way.

Alice, thank you for all the amazing memories. I will cherish them forever <3

love, Naoko

79. Lindsay says:

Hi- This breaks my heart, and I am really sorry for your loss and for Alice’s family that she left behind- I really felt compelled to donate — especially hearing that they didn’t have insurance- I hope you get a lot of donations, and feel all the prayers said for your family

80. I sent this out for those who want to cut and paste into their twitter accounts “Please donate tweet: Member of blogging community dies through complication giving birth leaving 3 small children. The Alice Hansen Family Fund http://www.honeybearlane.com/2012/05/the-alice-hansen-family-fund.html” ( I shortened link to fit better). You can also retweet if easier from @gailzahtz If people link to the fund from their blogs, we can link those out also (please send me link info so I can get news around). There are no words, but we in the online community can do our bit to help the family left behind. Sending virtual hugs of support.

81. Kimberly Cheek says:

I am very deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my sister in 1996,two months after she gave birth to her son. It was the hardest and most painful event we had to go through. In 2008 her boy was killed. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

82. This is so heartbreaking. I didn’t know Alice but I know her sister, Hilary. Although I didn’t know her, from the photos I can clearly tell that her husband and kids were so loved by her. Today on Mother’s Day, I think she should be honored for giving her life in giving life to another. I am so sorry for your family’s loss.

83. Constance Goram says:

Alice and family are in our prayers…Jesus wept and does now. May God’s Grace and the gift of Heaven be of comfort in this very-very tragic situation. Again, continual prayer will be lifted by my family and fellow sisters in Christ.

84. Holly Gleason says:

Mortal Coil? Yes.
    Love? No.
    And yet, that loss…
    Prayers, absolutely, and love.

85. Vicki sutton says:

I was so saddened and shocked to read of Alice’s death. As a labor, delivery, and nursery nurse as well as a maternal-newborn nursing instructor I can honestly say I have never experienced this nor read about it in texts. In an attempt to understand what happened I googled group a strep and childbirth. I was shocked to read of a similar case in the UK which lead to the formation of an organization called Jessica’s Trust which attempts to alert the public of what some people think no longer exists. Also a februAry article addresses the high number of women affected in the UK by Group A Strep. You may be interested in learning more about this group. I don’t know if the US has something similar or not. The point though is I was shocked and with my background in nursing, I should have heard about this. Hope this message doesn’t upset but wanted u to know.

86. This is so sad. Alice was in my ward in Kansas City. I wish I had known her better. I posted this on my blog.

87. I have a question about donating: I know usually with paypal they take out a small amount from accepted payments…is there an address to send donations if we just want to mail them? But if you prefer people just use paypal, that’s fine.

88. Dorsett Family says:

We are praying that our loving Heavenly Father will surround you with his angels to carry you through this and that his love may engulf you in hopes of easing your pain and burdens. We are so sorry.

89. So sorry for your loss-heartbreaking.

Please visit this foundation–the founder is a young man who also lost his wife in childbirth.

90. Oh my gosh ~ how heartbreaking. Praying for your brother, their children, your whole family and Alice’s…
    How incredibly sad. =(

I didn’t even know people still die today from complications after childbirth…we take so much for granted.

I imagine He needed Alice to play beautiful music in Heaven…

91. I am so sorry. Such a touching story. I am sharing this to help spread the word.
    Marcie @ http://www.IGottaTryThat.com

92. This is heart breaking! Prayers to your family!

93. Sending you love and strength during this difficult time. So so sorry to hear of your family’s loss. I can feel your courage and strength and admire it so much. Keeping all of you in prayer for the upcoming event. May the lord send angels in chorus in the celebration of her life. God Bless. xo ♥

94. Patricia OBryan says:

I re-posted, shared, tweeted and posted to my blog. I wish I could do more……..our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

95. We love you so much. Our family and many others are mourning with you. Her children surely have a legacy of music inside them to carry on as a tribute to her. As well as many other beautiful things.

96. My heart breaks to hear this news. My love and prayers goes out to the family.

xo
    cristin

97. I am so sorry to hear about your sister in law.
    Although giving will never bring her back…I hope it helps the family.

God Bless and praying for you all,
    Rene’

98. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how devastating this must be.

I wanted to suggest to you and your brother that you check out The Liz Logelin Foundation

It was started by Matt Logelin, who lost his wife Liz the day after the birth of their daughter. The foundation offers financial support to widows and widowers so that they can focus on emotional healing. It is an amazing organization.

Sending prayers to you, your brother, and your entire family.

99. Briana Brown says:

I was told the father was accepting donated breast milk for the new baby – id love to donate 100oz or whatever I have left! Please email me if you are interested :)

100. I did not know Alice but I knew Kurt. I went to Orem High with him for one year and remember performing with him at the Concerto Night. My heart goes out to him because he is living through one of my greatest fears in life–losing a loving spouse. Our prayers will be with you.

101. Rosalie says:

Hi. I’ve never been to this site before. I was directed here by my brother Barney Lund, who apparently knows Alice’s husband from the BYU MBA program. I’m terribly sorry to hear of this tragedy, but am grateful to be able to donate and send prayers. May your brother and those beautiful children feel angels around them to lift them up!

102. My heart aches for Alice’s family. She was a beautiful mother. I knew her because she brought her oldest to my mom and tot art class. I remember her kindness when my son passed away. I am praying for her family, and for you. I hope you will feel the strength of thousands of prayers on your behalf in the coming days and months. Grief is such a painful road, but you will see moments of beauty along the way.

103. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Truly, my heart goes out to your brother and his little ones.

104. Angie Barlow says:

I don’t know you, but ran across this blog through Joel Tobey. My heart aches for you, your brother and kids, and the rest of your family. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine what you are all going through. May God be right with you all, with every difficult step you each take forward from here on out. I don’t really know what else to say except that my prayers are with your family right now. God Bless you.

Angie

105. I heard about your sister-in-law from many sources and my heart goes out to your brother and their beautiful children. I have reposted the link here: http://fieglefamily.blogspot.com/2012/05/family-in-need.html. I hope and pray for your family and that they feel loved.

106. She was born the same year that I graduated from college. This could be my daughter. My husband lost his mother after giving birth to his younger brother, leaving his father with a six yr old, a 3 yr old and a newborn. I found you on Mandy’s Vintage Revivals blog and this hit me like a ton of bricks. My deepest sympathy to you and yours. My next key stroke will be the Donate button!

107. God really burdened my heart with your family this week, and I don’t even know you guys or visit your blog. I hope you feel all the prayers.

108. Veronica says:

My friend told me of your loss and my heart was touched. I was reading this song last night and thought it fitting to share with your family at this time. It is from the April issue of the Ensign, a magazine published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. May its music and message bring your family peace through the times to come.

109. Tammi G says:

I am so sorry for your loss. We too know the effect of type a strep. We lost our beautiful 20 month old grand daughter in Jan 2010. Loss changes everything. I pray for comfort for your family. There are truly no words. Just a hole in your heart that will never mend.

110. I just found your blog and am going to post this on my blog as well in hopes to gain support for your beloved brother and his sweet children. I am so sorry for your loss!! ~Jackie

111. Have you heard of the Liz Logelin Foundation.

112. I am so very sorry to hear about this through Facebook. The reason I started my business was due to the fact that I always felt so hopeless when wanting to comfort those in need. Please feel free to visit my website and see if there is anything I can offer, wholesale, to help with your fundraising efforts. I’d LOVE TO HELP OUT!

113. I’m more than happy to repost this at http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/fave-5-6/ God bless you in your time of grief.

114. Alice was my piano teacher at UVU. She will be greatly missed. I posted about it on my blog

115. Stay strong, young and courageous family. I was touched by your story and as a parent, wife, mother and musician, I send my prayers of sympathy. God Bless You all.

116. I’m so sorry for your loss. I will pray for all of you. I hope my small contribution will help your brother and his family.

117. I am so sorry for your loss-your post about your beautiful sister-in-law brought me to tears. Life can change so quickly. My sister died from strep A septicemia 5 years ago when she was 8 months pregnant with her little boy. She left behind little twins who weren’t even 2 years old and a husband and a family who miss her so much. I don’t think there is enough information for pregnant mothers about this horrible infection. The hospital she was rushed to didn’t even realize what she had until she and her precious baby were gone. I will keep your family in my prayers.

118. angeladias says:

My heart weeps with sadness for this young beautiful family.. a family torn apart. May God bless you all and may you find all the courage to go ahead. Sending your brother and his little ones a lot of prayers from the dusty land of Kuwait.

Trackbacks

1. [...] (Honeybee Lane Blog) and her family have suffered a great loss.  Her sister-in-law, Alice, gave birth last Wednesday [...]

2. [...] about this.  Sometimes life just takes a turn for the worse. I recently read this blog post on Honey Bear Lane, and felt deeply moved by it. It made remember whats really important in life. Hanson Family [...]

3. [...] Alice that you can use to help to help spread word (individual printables available for download at Honeybear Lane) of the Alice Hansen [...]

4. [...] Normally, my Friday post is reserved for a Flashback Friday, but this morning I read something that has been on my mind all day.  I read about a mother of three kids, Alice Hansen.  She gave birth to her third child, a little girl, on Wednesday and unfortunately contracted Strep A, which she died from on Wednesday night.  You can read more on her Sister-In-Law’s blog, Honeybear Lane. [...]

5. [...] She leaves behind her husband (Heidi’s brother), two sons, and a newborn daughter.  To help with the financial aspect of the family’s earth-shattering loss, Heidi has set up the Alice Hansen Family Fund.  It will help defray their mounting bills, including medical expenses (they have no health insurance), funeral costs, and other incidental charges that arise as they recover from this tragedy.  To learn how you can contribute, visit HoneyBear Lane. [...]

6. [...] blogs but I was guided this morning to a blog I used to go to for craft ideas. I found this beautiful post written honoring the life of a wonderful mother who just lost her life just following the birth of [...]

7. [...] importance of appreciating every single moment in life when I read this heart-breaking story about Alice Hansen, who died last week due to complications after giving birth to her 3rd baby (you can read more and [...]

8. [...] Alice, Lara from Less Cake More Frosting designed a beautiful set of free printables, which you can download at HoneyBear Lane.  Alice had a PhD in music and was an incredibly gifted pianist; her love of music is the [...]

9. [...] and fortunate to have my own mother alive and healthy on this earth.  But we are all aching for one new mom who can’t be with us here on earth.  But I know that she is looking down on her children and guiding us to help them grow up without [...]

10. [...] had received an email.  “She died.”  What??!!  She had given birth to a girl last week and died from an infection the next.  [...]

11. [...] I came back to find that my blogging friend Heidi from Honeybear Lane lost her sister-in-law over the weekend. Alice gave birth to her third child last Wednesday, and [...]

12. [...] it on Amy’s blog, Mod Podge Rocks. Please take a moment to read this and donate what you can. http://www.honeybearlane.com/2012/05/the-alice-hansen-family-fund.html Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark [...]

13. [...] read more about Alice’s life and her story, you can read Heidi’s posts here and here. Feel free to share this story with [...]

14. [...] by all means, if you can help to donate financially to help the Schramms or the Hansens, please do that as [...]

15. [...] miss any awesome posts from Honeybear Lane!!Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress Plugin Alice Demske Hansen’s funeral was held on a beautiful Monday, May [...]

16. [...] Alice would have been 34 today. [...]

17. [...] days after giving birth to her third child, a baby girl.  If you’ve been following my blog, you know the sad story.  You also know that we’ve been accepting donations for my brother and his family, to help [...]

18. [...] morning I found out Heidi of Honeybear Lane lost her sister in law, Alice Hansen, to an infection after giving birth to her third child, a [...]

19. [...] There are two things I wanted to share with you in regards to this tragedy. First, Lara from Less Cake More Frosting made this free printables to celebrate Alice’s life. She had a PhD in music and was a gifted pianist, so her passion was captured in these images. You can download them here. [...]