This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Balance. All opinions are my own.
Lately my life has been super busy. I have four kids and run this little blog/business on top of everything else (family, friends, errands, etc.) And since I recently had a baby, I’m trying to be very diligent about making smart eating choices, but it can be a challenge when I’m always running out the door. So here are some great protein snack ideas for busy moms.
1. Balance Bars: This is a new favorite. Protein bars can be tricky…I’ve tried lots of different kinds and some are like eating a brick of protein while others feel more like a candy bar. I like my protein bars to feel a little nutritious but not like lead. Balance bars are the perfect balance of both. They’re all under 210 calories and provide the nutrition you need with the sweetness you crave so I frequently grab one for breakfast. In fact, I had one this morning and after a super busy morning, I noticed that my energy level was amazing! You can find them at Walmart, Kroger, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Amazon Dash.
2. Hard Boiled Eggs: I only ever ate these at Easter growing up, so it didn’t occur to me until I was an adult that I could just make a bunch of these and eat them when I get hungry!
3. Lunch Meat Roll-ups: My kids love these as well. Just grab a string cheese (or cheese stick), wrap a few slices of your favorite lunch meat around it and enjoy! You could substitute a small pickle for the cheese if you want to be dairy-free.
4. Apples and Celery with Peanut Butter Pack: Cut up some apple slices and celery sticks and you can purchase small containers of peanut butter or put some peanut butter in a tiny container. These are a great option for packing lunches if you’re doing some kind of outing with your kids.
5. Tomato, Meat, and Cheese on Stick: These little kabobs are cute, healthy, and very portable. Just cut a skewer in half and then layer grape tomatoes, folded lunch meat, and cheese cubes or mozzarella balls.
6. Veggies and Hummus: Dip sliced cucumbers and baby carrots in your favorite hummus. Throw the whole thing in a container and you can eat it on the go!
7. Quick snack packs including string cheese, Greek yogurt, almonds, hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, etc.
Psst! Balance is treating their fans with a limited-time on-pack promotion for a chance to win a year-long subscription to Birchbox! Balance packaging will feature a “golden ticket” with a unique code to enter online at Balance.com/BirchBoxWinner for a chance to win. Twenty lucky fans will win the year-long subscription to Birchbox!
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Nature’s Bounty Company. The opinions and text are all mine.