PUFF QUILT Tutorial: Part 4; Back & Binding

The Original Puff Quilt Tutorial is no longer available.
A brand new updated version is available for purchase in my shop!
This tutorial is very comprehensive.  It includes tips on picking fabrics, cutting fabric, and a page to calculate larger quilt dimensions.  It is 50 steps and 57 pages total.  You can make a puff quilt on a sewing machine even if you a brand-new to sewing!
Follow this blog for updates, promotions, and giveaways for the Puff Quilt Tutorial!!

Comments

1. michelleml says:

It's beautiful. i wanted to ask do we have to put stuffing in the border around the puff blocks or can we leave it? Does that make sense?

Michelle

2. Heidi Ferguson says:

Michelle,

In Step 5 of Part 3, you put high-loft batting in the border so it's nice and soft and puffy as well. Here's the link: http://www.honeybearlane.com/2010/08/puff-quilt-tutorial-part-3-borders.html

3. This is beautiful!! Definitely something I want to tackle one day…

4. Heidi Ferguson says:

Bev,

The b/w damask is Michael Miller's b/w damask. You can find it on fabricworm.com or from lots of different etsy sellers (just make sure to search under supplies, not handmade.)

5. Your tutorial is wonderful! I think I might try to tackle this quilt for my first baby on the way! Do you use the walking foot for the entire process?

6. beautiful! I'm inspired to try this!

7. MommyNamedApril says:

wow, this is awesome and makes me wish i had any sewing skills whatsoever!

8. Colony's Cakes says:

I am going to attempt this as a Christmas gift for my unborn nephew! wish me luck!

9. snippetsandyarns says:

These are so cute!! I love them :-)

~ Meagan

10. after reading this tutorial, i think you should charge more for yours. that is a ton of work and they look gorgeous.

11. Petit Design Co. says:

what a horribly complicated process! :) Thank goodness I can just go to your shop when I want one of these!

12. Fantastico!!!!
    Grazie per questi tutorial: precisi e molto chiari.

Ciao
    Laura

13. Está maravilloso tu Tutorial. Gracias y Feliz Año Nuevo 2011, desde Venezuela con Mucho Cariño.
    It is wonderful!

14. What size buttons did you use when you did the white puffy quilt from Pinterest?