My Aqua Zig Zag Quilt!

So things have been progressing.
Remember my original Living Room Plans
 I’ve been working on that Zig Zag Quilt.
I refuse to call it a Chevron quilt.
Chevron is a gas station.
My quilts are zig zagged.
(Sorry Jen!)

I’m really happy with how it turned out.  I quilted the zig zags straight with about three lines in a row around each seam. Then I decided to free-motion quilt the border.  I made this quilt specifically for my couch, so the sides borders are wider than the top and bottom.
That’s my computer cord hiding under the couch, not a horrible gaping thread. :)
The greatest thing about the way I quilted it is the back!!!  Isn’t it beautiful on the plain white back?  This way I can change things up if I get tired of the aqua.

For now it’s resting on my bed so I can get to the couch slipcover.  I promised myself I would finish this quilt before I started on the slipcover.  See I can finish things!!

I have a queen size bed and it is slightly larger than the top.   So I think in the future it will fit a twin size bed nicely or I can use it as a guest room quilt.  PS…Ignore that ugly portion of free-motion quilting on the left side there…those were my very first ones and I kind of changed it further down to be prettier.

And just to remind you all, I did plan this quilt ages ago, before Shelley made this gorgeous rug that I covet!  :)

Linking up to:
Flamingo Toes Think Pink Sundays
Get Your Craft On Tuesdays at Today’s Creative Blog
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrapup
I Heart Naptime Sunday Scoop
blog sig

Comments

1. Darin and Kali says:

WOW I love this! You did such a good job! I seriously don't know how you fit in all the sewing you do!

2. That's amazing! Did you use a pattern, or just design it yourself? I would love to make one.

3. I love it!!!

4. Sara {Sara's Closet} says:

Very pretty, I love the zig zags! haha!! You and I have something in common, we both have issues with finishing things…I'm getting better though! and from the looks of it, you're on your way too =)

5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! I'm on a major quilt kick lately! I'm going to pin this on my Pinterest right now so I don't forget to make one!

6. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

Wow Heidi!! This is gorgeous!! I love the "zigzags". I'm with you on the name haha. I love the aqua and the white together – and the back is gorgeous!! :)

7. Vanessa Goertzen says:

Heidi, that is beautiful and fresh! Perfect for spring!

8. Amy at Ameroonie Designs says:

Heidi, this turned out lovely! Great job on the quilting- perfect!
    xoxo,
    Amy

9. Love your quilt Heidi, you do amazing work!

10. Fantastic quilt! Love the colour.

11. That is such a fabulous quilt! I love the zig zags! I am always jealous of people who can do this! Great job:)
    I am a new follower.

12. This is gorgeous! The blue against the white is fabulous, your so talented!

13. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

Thank you so much for linking this up Heidi!! I featured it today on my FB page! :)

14. oh my, that is just beautiful! I LOVE it! The colors are gorgeous and I especially love the loop-de-loop quilting. I love your blog–new follower!

Rachel @ Maybe Matildab

15. Chelsea {twotwentyone} says:

Wow! I LOVE this! The blue and white together is simply beautiful! Wonderful job!

16. Carolina says:

Love it! I have a bunch of HSTs that I'm saving up for a zig-zag quilt… red and white, though… I love the quilting on yours! :)
    ps – visiting from TCB, clicked over and saw I already follow you! : )

17. Bloggymom says:

Beautiful quilt. Love the aqua color– very springy.

18. Amanda K @ Every Crafty Endeavor says:

Beautiful! I love it!

19. Just Rhonda says:

love it all!!!! great work!

20. I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes says:

This is BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors you chose to!

21. I love the design, the colors, everything! Thanks for sharing this…now I just need to get up the courage to make a quilt myself!

I'm a new follower – would love if you'd visit me when you get a chance!

Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

22. Erin @ two more seconds says:

This is absolutely gorgeous!

23. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

Hey Heidi!! I loved your quilt so much I had to feature it in my Crush of the Week post! Here's the link! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/04/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-3/ :)

24. Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door says:

Gorgeous! Makes me want to quilt! And I agree…zig-zag sounds way better than chevron!

25. Heidi, this is absolutely gorgeous!

26. Katie @ OhhBaby says:

HAHA i totally agree with you about the Chevron thing! You cracked me up! :) This really is beautiful though!

27. This looks so good! And cozy!

28. I absolutely adore this… and you have no idea how well it would fit in at my house.

I laughed at your chevron comment because I just wrote this last night:

I think you'll enjoy it.

<3 Liz

29. I LOVE that soooo much! Wow.

30. Hello! Love you zig zag couch quilt! Where can I find a pattern?

• Heidi @ Honeybear Lane says:

I don’t have an official pattern for it–there are lots of zigzag quilt tutorials if you google it.

Trackbacks

1. [...] like The Hulk. Good and bad days alike, but in an upbeat way. And she has amazing crafts like this zig zag quilt and her totally AMAZING ottoman to side table [...]

2. [...] Toppers @ Holiday Snob I think this Aqua Zig Zag Quilt needs to come live at my house @ HoneyBear Lane This Aqua and White Mantel makes me smile @ Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Beautiful Table [...]

3. [...] on making lots more quilts for my couch, especially for all my favorite holidays.  I made this zig zag quilt for the standard every day [...]

4. [...] on making lots more quilts for my couch, especially for all my favorite holidays.  I made this zig zag quilt for the standard every day [...]