Making a Thanksgiving Advent Calendar was a really fun craft to do with my kids.
Confession: I don't love involving my kids with my crafting and sewing.
(Jim Gaffigan Voice: She doesn't like crafting with her kids? She must be a horrible mother.)
It's not that I don't like to do activities with them, but it's just SO much easier to get things done when I don't have to constantly be like, "Wait, don't touch that--be careful with that--no, no! Lukey-get off the table!"
So it's just better for everyone when I pick out designated activities to involve the kids in and then they can go hog wild. Enter a Thanksgiving kids craft!Steps:
- Trace your kid's hands on white cardstock. You can see I wasn't too careful and I even let Will trace his own hand sometimes.
- Use watercolors to paint the hand shapes. Can you tell which ones Will painted and which ones I did? You can't? Hmmph.
- Draw little turkey faces on the thumb.
- Used a number stamp pack from PSA Essentials to make the numbers and a circle punch to make them pretty with different colors.
- Put all the turkeys on packing paper and decorate it. I failed this step because I just wanted to be done at this point.
And for the 'advent' part of it...we are going to think of 4 things we are thankful for and write them on the fingers--er, feathers of the turkey.
Linking up to:Tatertots and Jello I Heart Naptime Flamingo Toes