Have you had your first snow yet? December is on the horizon and that means winter fashion! Even if you are not a ‘boot’ person or someone who thinks ‘boots aren’t me’, you could certainly get away with wearing Uggs (or Ugg knock-offs.) They are comfortable and keep the moisture out. Some people live in them 8/12 months of the year. If you are thinking about getting your first pairs of Uggs or wondering how to mix them up with new looks, here are eight outfit inspirations–and eight ways to wear Uggs.
1) Dress them up with Bold Accessories. Use this red and white snowflake outfit as inspiration–take your favorite pair of Uggs with some jeans and a solid turtle neck, jazz it up with some accessories with a real Wow! factor. I adore this red scarf.
2) Pair with a Puffy Vest. I think puff vests are awesome because they ooze winter but you can wear them in nearly any color. They are also very forgiving for any extra winter weight you might want to disguise. Pair them with your Uggs and you’re good to go outside.
3) Go Monochrome. This works especially well with gray or black Uggs since nearly everyone has gray and black clothes in their closet. Pick a sweater in the same hue as your Uggs and you end up with a very polished look.
4) Add Feminine Charm. Uggs tend to look utilitarian and lack a little of that femininity that we love so much. But in the case of the powder pink outfit (4th outfit down) there are tons of little girly additions that really sweeten this look up. Add some dangly earrings or soft colors. And if you’re feeling like splurging, get that pair of Diamond Button Uggs that look like a cozy sweater.
5) Dress for Comfort. Who wants to leave the house on a cold wintery day anyway? Throw on a baggy comfortable sweater with a knit scarf and your favorite pair of skinny jeans. Add some thick wool socks that no one will see when you cover them with your comfy Uggs.
6) Be a Snowbunny. One of the best clothes pieces for winter fashion is the gorgeous coats. I love fur-trimmed hoods and I especially love white coats. They blend in with a fresh blanket of snow and make you want to spend all day snowshoeing. When you come in from an excursion, trade your snowshoes for Uggs and sit by the ski lodge’s roaring fireplace, sipping hot cocoa.
7) Warm up with Warm Colors. Lots of Uggs are tan or brown so pairing them with orange, yellow, or red is a natural look. Keeping all the colors in the same ‘warm’ family will give a warm and sunny look, brightening any room you walk into. Add in some warm leather accents and you might forget it’s cold and dead outside.
8) Disguise with a Flared Jean. If you are not into the look of Uggs and are unreconciled with them ever being attractive, simply put them on underneath your favorite wide-leg or flared leg jean. The wide opening is flattering on most body types as well as covers almost the entire boot (while still keeping your legs and feet warm and toasty.)
I can’t wait to get some Uggs and pair them with, well, pretty much whatever strikes my fancy! I was not paid by Uggs to do this post (but I wouldn’t say no to a free pair wink wink!) Stay warm this winter!