Decorating your house is not necessarily a life-saving thing to do…or is it? I know so many people who really want to decorate their home but for one reason or another it just doesn’t seem to happen. Maybe you just don’t trust yourself to buy things that will look good in your home…maybe you are afraid of committing to one style because you like so many different styles…or maybe you don’t want to spend money on something you might not love later.
Whatever the reason for your procrastination, you might want to consider the following list of reasons why you SHOULD finally go ahead and decorate your home.
1) You will be happy at home. You will want to come into your house because you will see beauty all around you which will bring you peace. Sitting in your living room will be enjoyable and you won’t even need the TV on to distract you. You will love looking at what you see.
2) You will be able to find things. It’s true! When you decorate your house room by room, you are forced to purge and organize (unless you shove all your stuff from one room into another, but please for the love DON’T do that!) Organization has revolutionized my world. And labels…make sure to label stuff too.
3) You will have more friends. Seriously! You will have more friends because you will want to host more parties in your beautiful home! One of the best parts of decorating your house is sharing it with others. I love having guests come over and admire the things I’ve done…it’s so much satisfaction and validation for all my hard work. And here’s a handy tip–have your husband be the designated ‘bragger’ and he can brag all about the cool things you’ve done around the house so you don’t have to appear full of yourself 🙂
Extra bonus: people who see your home and love it will then KNOW that you are an amazing decorator and might just even want to hire you to decorate their home!
4) You will be less stressed. When rooms are done, they are just waiting to be used. Have guests coming? No need to worry about cleaning all the stuff out of the spare room because it’s all dressed and ready to go. In charge of hosting the company Christmas party? No worries, your living room is perfectly put together with ample seating for a large crowd.
5) You won’t fight with your spouse (as much!) I’m not going to lie…the process of decorating can put pressure on a marriage. You are trying to accommodate the style and preferences of two different people as well as stay in a budget. And if you’re DIYing, things always look a lot worse before they look better. Doubting spouses can make you crazy. But when it’s all done and finished, they will a) love the new space and that’s beautiful, organized, and clean, and b) be super impressed with your skills and trust you all the more for the next project!
So are you convinced it’s time to decorate your home? Want to learn how? Sign up for my free home decorating course and get started today!