10 Healthy Lunch Ideas
1. Avocado Sandwich: My favorite go-to meal for lunch is a sandwich packed with avocado and roast beef. You can use low-cal sandwich break or half a pita. Mash up half an avocado and spread it on your bread like you would mayo. Then add your roast beef with a dash of salt and pepper. Best sandwich ever.
2. Cottage Cheese and Fruit: Another one of favorites–mix some canned (or fresh if you have it) fruit like pears or peaches and mix with 1/4 cup of low-fat cottage cheese which is packed with protein.
3. Fresh Tomato and Cottage Cheese: If you’ve got garden tomatoes, this recipe is perfection. Cut your tomato open in an ‘X’ shape but don’t cut all the way down. Add about 2 Tbsp cottage cheese to the center of your tomato, top with seasoning salt.
4. BLT: Use low-cal or whole grain bread and center-cut bacon, with hearty tomatoes and Romaine lettuce. Or alternate with spinach and another kind of cold cut meat.
5. Turkey and Cucumber Sandwich: If you’re a fan of turkey sandwiches, liven things up by throwing in some different kinds of ingredients.