6. Tuna Fish: I always forget about tuna but it’s a great lunch idea. I make mine with 1 can chunk light and 1 can albacore + 1-2 Tbsp light Mayo + 1-2 Tbsp relish + 2 Tbsp diced apples. Eat on toasted whole grain bread.
7. Apples and Peanut Butter: Sometimes my healthy friends eat this as their dessert, but it’s a good and quick healthy lunch choice as well.
8. Quickie Salad: If you are a salad person (I usually have salads for dinner rather than lunch) then keep a bag of chopped salad on hand as well as the ‘stuff’ to throw in it: black beans, corn, tortilla strips, feta cheese, dried cranberries, nut pieces, shelled sunflowers, cheddar cheese, croutons, parmesan, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, ham chunks, chicken or turkey strips, bacon bits, hard boiled egg slices. If you eat a lot of salad, have lots of these fixin’s on hand and you can eat salad for a week. Just use oil-based dressings like vinaigrettes.
9. Baked Potato: This is a good companion lunch to the salad. You can alternate between salads and baked potatoes and use the fixin’s for both. Use Greek yogurt based Ranch dressing or low calorie Sour cream.
10. Fast Food Option: Experts say that the healthiest fast food option is the Grilled Chicken sandwich with a fuit cup from Chick-Fil-A. Order it without the mayo or sauce on a whole grain bun.
Hopefully these will give you some ideas of easy to make, healthy foods that you can begin to incorporate into your daily meals.