I meant to post this in 2016, but the week after Christmas was so crazy with family activities, sick kids, and post-Christmas stuff, it just didn’t happen. But I still want to share, so I visited my Google Analytics and here are my top 10 most popular posts from 2016, that were created in 2016. I also included a couple of my personal favorite projects from 2016 at the end.
- IKEA Hack: Expedit into Long Media Unit: Everyone loves IKEA hacks, and this one came together so well. The trick is finding the perfect size of bookcase but if you can’t, it’s not too hard to build small ones and maybe I’ll come up with some plans for that this next year.
- 20 Toy Storage and Organization Ideas: I go crazy for organization! As a mom of 4, I’m constantly trying to stay on top of the clutter and toys. I’ve been slowly organizing my whole house and it makes my life SOOOOOOO much better. If you have one goal for 2017, it should be GET ORGANIZED!
- 25 Easter Menu Ideas: Well these just look delicious, don’t they? Make sure to pin them for Easter which is only a few months away! (Even though spring feels like a distant memory with it snowing all day here.)
- Tips for Painting Stair Balusters: If you are thinking about painting your balusters on your banister, please for the love, READ THIS POST FIRST. We had some pretty miserable trial and error with this project so save yourself some heartache!
- How to get a DIY Weathered Wood Finish: This is hands-down, my favorite way to get the weathered, reclaimed wood look. Also I finished my farmhouse dining table this way and I still love it so much. It’s easier than you think!
- 20 Spring Cleaning Hacks: I can’t wait for that early spring weather that just makes me want to kick all the kids outside and just get all the dust and dirt cleared away. These hacks make it easy!
- Cozy Farmhouse Bathroom: This was a project I did early in 2016 that is only half done actually but the changes I made are a big improvement!
- Farmhouse Loft Makeover: One of my favorite projects this year! I love how it came together with a more industrial vibe, but still a kid friendly place. My kids love hanging out up here now and I love coming upstairs to see it!
- 20 Things to Clean with a Magic Eraser: Magic erasers are the best and you can clean so many different things with them! Check out this post for things you might not have heard of yet.
- Shiplap Wall for Under $50: This was part of our Farmhouse Home School Room makeover that we did for my friend and it turned out so great. The best part is the shiplap wall which cost less than $50!
And my personal favorite project of 2016… My new mantel!
Although this was a close tie to the new Farmhouse Loft…and I really loved the farmhouse home school room too. Man, it’s just so fun to look back at all the projects I did or helped with and just have this awesome sense of accomplishment. Gives me encouragement for my to do list for 2017!
Don’t forget to pin any of these pictures in this post “Top 10 Posts of 2016” to remember later and if you make them, please send me a pic!